MT-Propeller has received an EASA STC for the next generation 5-blade scimitar composite Quiet Fan Jet propeller on the Cessna C208 Supervan 900 powered by Honeywell TPE331-12JR turbine. The FAA STC is in progress.
According to MT-Propeller Vice-President Martin Albrecht, the installation features the following advantages:
- 60% vibration reduction on aircraft fuselage;
- Approximately 31 pounds less weight than the original propeller;
- Ground roll is reduced by 10%, approximately 164 feet;
- Climb performance is improved by 5%-8%;
- Engine Start up is a third faster for cooler engine temperatures and longer battery life.
Due to the smaller diameter, the MT-Propeller for the Cessna C208 Supervan 900 has more ground clearance for less blade tip erosion, he added.