Weather Services International (WSI), a division of The Weather Company, recently launched a new version of Pilotbrief Optima for iPad, which includes weather enhancements, as well as usability and performance fixes.
Now available as an in-flight briefing experience, the latest release — version 2.10 — runs faster and smoother while continuing to provide the weather, airport, and flight information that enables pilots to proactively manage and improve flight safety, efficiency, and performance, according to company officials.
Through a new partnership with Gogo, pilots have access to real-time weather updates right from the cockpit.
- New Forecast Echo Tops layer to better discern convective weather risks while flight planning;
- New Ocean Tracks visualization for transatlantic operations;
- Improved data persistence for airport weather and favorite stations to streamline workflow;
- New distance and bearing tool using current position to quickly determine and communicate position or routing adjustments to Air Traffic Control (ATC) and ground personnel;
- Upgraded interactive toolbar that makes it easier to find and use the most popular features;
- Support for Seconds (e.g., DD, MM, SS, N/S, DDD) when using route coordinates.
Both the enterprise version and general aviation version of Pilotbrief Optima are available for download from the Apple iTunes store.