The National Association of Flight Instructors is looking for nominations for the 2016 selection to the National Flight Instructor Hall of Fame.
NAFI sponsors the National Flight Instructor Hall of Fame to recognize individuals who have made significant contributions to aviation education and flight instruction. It highlights the important role flight instructors play as a foundation for the safety of the entire national air transportation system, NAFI officials noted.
This year’s inductees will be honored at the NAFI member dinner at SUN ‘n FUN in Lakeland, Florida, on April 6, 2016.
Candidates will be judged by an independent selection panel on superior performance in the field of aviation education, as well as contributions to and accomplishments in aviation, including:
- Enhancement of aviation safety;
- Development of effective/innovative teaching techniques;
- Advancement of professional standards;
- Development of significant technical support;
- Achievement of professional excellence;
- Creation of innovative instructional materials;
- Partnership on projects with the FAA and/or industry;
- Being a role model for and a mentor to other aviation educators.
NAFI membership is not a requirement to be selected as an inductee, nor is it a requirement to nominate an individual. You may also nominate yourself.
How to Nominate
To nominate, download the application, then submit the completed package to NAFI headquarters either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by postal mail: National Association of Flight Instructors, 3101 East Milham Ave., Portage Mich., 49002.
Nominations will be accepted until Jan. 15, 2015.