Version 2.3 of the ASA Reader for iOS is now available from the App Store.
This update includes support for the Slide Over and Split View features new to iOS 9.
The Slide Over feature provides an overlay view on the side of the screen that lets a user pick a secondary app to view and interact with.
The Split View feature allows for display of two side-by-side apps, letting the user view, resize, and interact with both of them.
The following resources from the FAA, NASA’s Aviation Safety Reporting System, and the Seaplane Pilot’s Association have recently been added to the ASA Reader App:
- FAA Safety Bulletin for March/April: #FlySafe, Your Guide to Preventing Loss of Control.
- ASRS CALLBACK Issue 434: Managing Muscle Memory.
- AC 150/5395-1A: Guidance to assist operators in planning, designing, and constructing seaplane bases and associated facilities.
- FAA7480-1: Notice of Landing Area Proposal Practices in Preserving and Developing Public Use Seaplane Bases
- Go to Hull: Seaplane Operations
The ASA Reader App provides the flexibility to store and carry your aviation library with you on your iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone, or iPod Touch and will accommodate ePub and PDF documents as well as Adobe Content Server-protected eBooks.
Not only is the ASA Reader App free to download, but it comes with many free resources such as FAA Safety Briefings, Part 61 and 141 Training Syllabi, AOPA Flight School Business, knowledge test endorsement labels for CFIs, pilot reference placards, the FAA Student Pilot Guide, the complete ASA product showcase, and more.