Aspen Avionics reports has received a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for installation of its Evolution Backup Display.
The Evolution Backup Display is a digital, independent primary flight display (PFD) designed to replace mechanical backup instruments and the associated vacuum system supporting those instruments in Part 23 electronic flight instrument system (EFIS) installations.The Evolution Backup Display comes standard with a large capacity emergency power source providing two hours of continuous operation.
The system is available in portrait orientation with basic or advanced configurations:
Basic – $5,995
- Attitude, altitude and airspeed tapes
- Slaved directional gyro (DG)
- Turn rate indicator
- Vertical situation indicator (VSI)
- GPS flight plan overlay
Advanced – $8,995
- Basic configurations, plus:
- Dual radio magnetic indicators (RMI)
- Horizontal situation indicator (HSI)
- Localizer and glide slope indicator
- Emergency GPS