BRISTOL, UK —Digital Aviation has released a U.S. version of its IFR flight training app, Radio Navigation Simulator Pro.
The app provides a full USA IFR dataset containing all the Navaids, Airports and Fixes in the USA — 48 contiguous US states plus Alaska and Hawaii — derived from FAA/NFDC aeronautical data.
Within the app, you can fly in any of the 22 FAA ARTCC regions, allowing radio navigation training in your own area of interest, in addition to the originally supplied Exercise Area, according to developers.
A tool for instructors to demonstrate radio navigation techniques, and for students to consolidate and self test, the app is also for experienced pilots, who will find it helpful to prepare for an instrument rating or proficiency test, company officials note.
Radio Navigation Simulator is a 2D flight simulator and training aid, designed for iPad and iPhone, that enables pilots and students to practice, understand and become proficient in the use and management of VOR, DME and ADF/RMI instruments, displayed with an HSI or Directional Gyro on a choice of five realistic flight panels.
- Instrument panels optimized specifically for iPad and iPhone, with full support for retina displays.
- An additional exercise flight environment of approximately 150 x 200 nm, populated with VOR, VOR-DME and NDB Navaids & Airfields with specific training exercises.
- Scaleable chart with Facilities, Idents, and Aircraft symbols.
- Full chart management with VOR Radials and Planned Routes.
- Aircraft track trail can be displayed, or suppressed.
- Flight panel and navigation chart simultaneously displayed.
- Realistic flight panel with the following instruments: HSI, VOR, DME, ADF (RMI or RBI), RMI (dual needle) and Directional Gyro.
- Fully manageable Radios for ADF, NAV1 and NAV2 (with DME).
- Real world Variation magnetic model with display of current Variation on the Chart.
- Airspeed range 60 to 600 knots.
- Altitude management and display.
- Wind velocity, 0 to 99 kts, from any direction, steady or variable.
- Dead reckoning navigation capability, with flight environment mapped in Latitude and Longitude.
Radio Navigation Simulator Pro USA V1.0 is available now on the App Store for $9.99 in the U.S.
Existing users of Radio Navigation Simulator Pro can obtain the same USA Data as an In-App Purchase, priced at $4.99 in the U.S. and accordingly in other countries worldwide.