Dynon’s latest SkyView software update — version 15.0 — is now available for download for all SkyView systems.
SkyView Software Version 15 contains a variety of new features to enhance the SkyView flying experience, including:
- Extended Runways Centerlines;
- Highway in the Sky (HITS);
- Airport Signposts in Synthetic Vision;
- Maintenance Logging;
- Weight and Balance Calculator.
- ADS-B traffic and weather from SkyView’s SV-ADSB-470 is now transmitted via Wi-Fi for use by third party apps, such as FlyQ and ForeFlight, Dynon officials noted.
- Airspace proximity notification. This includes airspace you are in, upcoming airspace along your flight path, and those that are above and below you.
- Activating “Direct-To” with a runway selected under airport runway information will create a 5 nm leg to the chosen runway along the extended centerline.
- VNAV from SkyView’s flight plan to your destination airport, arriving either above the airport or right at the runway itself.
- EGT/CHT widget now available in “vertical” orientation.
SkyView Software v15’s new features are available as a free upgrade for all customers.