The FAA has issued Supplemental Type Certificates (STCs) for True Blue Power’s TB44 (46-amp hour) lithium-ion batteries on Cessna Model 208 and 208B Caravans.
According to company officials, operational and performance improvements include:
- Increased power — three times the energy per kilogram;
- Extended useful battery life — more than double lead-acid and NiCad alternatives;
- Rapid recharge — back-to-back engine starts;
- Cooler and cleaner engine starts — less wear and extended life on engine components;
- Superior high temperature and cold weather performance (-40°C/-40°F to +70°C/158°F);
- Reduced empty weight and increased useful load;
- Reduced maintenance costs — 50 to 90% less scheduled maintenance;
- Reduced direct operating costs — less fuel, less maintenance, less ground personnel, less infrastructure;
- Zero carbon emissions — eco-friendly Nanophosphate lithium-ion cell chemistry.