The latest online edition of the King Schools Cessna Flight Training System is now available to all flight schools.
The online curriculum integrates flight and ground studies and ensures that pilots and their instructors know what they have completed, how they are doing, and what’s next, according to company officials. Each course includes video previews of each flying lesson and a home-study ground school and test preparation section.
Pilots also can download the free iPad app that will let them study, prepare for flight lessons, and view their progress, even when offline, company officials add.
Instructors have their own app, allowing them to use their iPhone or iPad to view student status and record flight lessons, even when they are offline.
An audit-for-completion feature gives instructors an easy way to see remaining graduation requirements for each student.
Flight school managers receive access to a full range of business reports to track their flight school’s operational status.
The Cessna Flight Training System has evolved over decades, and was originally used exclusively by Cessna Pilot Centers. Now, all flight schools, university aviation programs, and even high school aviation courses can use the system to support their flight school operations, company officials said.
The Cessna Flight Training System includes a suite of Part 141 approvable online courses, ranging from Sport Pilot and Private Pilot all the way through Instrument, Commercial, Multiengine and CFI courses.
King Schools has also unveiled the following updated contents for the latest Cessna Instrument Pilot course package:
- Adjustable MyClip leg strap with clips that fit any mobile phone or iPad in vertical or horizontal orientation
- Full-color durable plastic clipboard printed with useful IFR information that is designed to fit in the MyClip
- Cessna airplane photos embossed on glass-cleaning cloths
- Cockpit information cards
- Updated materials in the Cessna Online Pilot Library
- An IFR Planning Pad, Cessna Pen/Stylus and the Garmin Pilot Premium 1 Year License