Stallion 51 is partnering with Mercy Flight Southeast to raffle off a chance to fly in the P-51 Mustang “Crazy Horse.”
Mercy Flight Southeast’s network of 650 volunteer pilots provides free air transportation to life-saving medical appointments for people who otherwise could not get there. While pilots donate their airplanes, fuel and flight hours to complete more than 3,000 flights each year, the non-profit organization relies on donations and fundraising to pay for support services and to keep passengers and pilots in the air.
The raffle prize features a half-day P-51 orientation experience at Stallion 51’s headquarters at the Kissimmee Gateway Airport (KISM) in Kissimmee, Florida, including:
- Pre-flight briefing that tailors each flight to the individual’s experience, expertise and expectations;
- preflight walk around and cockpit orientation;
- Hands-on flight that encourages the individual to do 95% of the flying;
- Post-flight briefing reviewing the multi-camera video that captures all of the action during the flight;
- Photo with pilot and aircraft.
Raffle tickets are $20 each and the prize includes round-trip airfare up to $500 to Orlando.
The winner will be announced April 5, 2014, during the annual SUN ’n FUN International Fly-in and Expo held at Lakeland Linder Regional Airport (KLAL), April 1-6, 2014.
Raffle tickets can be purchased online or by calling 352-326-0761. Entrants need not be present at the drawing to win.
For more information: Stallion51.com