Speakers for the 25th Annual International Women in Aviation Conference, which takes place from March 6-8, 2014, at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., include astronauts to the FAA administrator.
“As fitting our 25th anniversary year, we went all out for this conference and our speakers,” says WAI President Dr. Peggy Chabrian. “Some are new to our conference while others are returning by request of our members.”
With a theme of Today’s Vision, Tomorrow’s Reality, the lineup of speakers includes:
- Barbara Barrett, Aviation Policy Official, Pilot, Astronaut
- Joy Bryant, Vice President and Program Manager, Boeing Space Exploration
- Eileen Collins, Astronaut, Pilot, Colonel USAF (ret.)
- Nagin Cox, Curiosity Flight Team Engineer (Mars Science Laboratory), NASA Jet Propulsion Lab
- Deborah Hersman, NTSN Board chairman
- Michael P. Huerta, FAA administrator
- Elaine Larsen, Jet Dragster Driver, Larsen Motorsports
- Linda Markham, President, Cape Air
- Dorothy Saul-Pooley, Master-elect of the Guild of Air Pilots and Air Navigators
- Brian Shul, SR-71 Pilot (ret.)
- Mariola Ziolkowski, Managing Director, MT GlobalExpert
The WAI Conference includes seminars, workshops, networking events, social events, off-site tours, and a commercial exhibit area. The conference concludes on Saturday evening, March 8, with WAI’s annual banquet where dozens of scholarships will be awarded with a value of over $500,000.
Registration is available at WAI.org. Discounted registration is available for military personnel and full-time students.