Headsets Inc. has unveiled the new model DRE 8001 active noise reduction headset with Bluetooth.
This new headset is made in America and integrates a new LYNX Bluetooth audio controller into the existing DRE 6001 headset, company officials said. The LYNX is a complete audio/comm/power controller providing Bluetooth, Hi-Fi amplification of audio input, rechargeable lithium-ion batteries plus traditional E6B functions. Recharging can be accomplished via one of three methods: plug into 110v AC (charger included); plug into a computer USB port (cable included); or from aircraft power via the cigarette lighter adaptor (included). The 1700ma battery will power the DRE 8001 for 12 to 15 hours.
Additional features of the DRE 8001 include:
- Playback devices — if Bluetooth equipped can be controlled by LYNX.
- Direct dial — dial on the LYNX keypad, no need to fumble with your cellphone.
- Voice dial from a contact list.
- Missed calls — caller ID viewed from the Lynx.
- Auto-mute — phone calls and music are auto-muted when receiving ground communication. Auto- mute function may be disabled if desired.
- Input jacks — available for legacy (non-Bluetooth) cell phones and audio devices.
- Fail-safe operation — in the event of power failure, radio and intercom communication
- remain unaffected
- Stereo output jack — allows recording of all communications.
Introductory pricing is set at $599 through June 30.
For more information: Headsetsinc.com
People who read this article also read articles on airparks, airshow, airshows, avgas, aviation fuel, aviation news, aircraft owner, avionics, buy a plane, FAA, fly-in, flying, general aviation, learn to fly, pilots, Light-Sport Aircraft, LSA, and Sport Pilot.