KERRVILLE, Texas — Mooney International Corp. recently unveiled the latest generation of its M20, which has been designated the M20V Acclaim Ultra.
The Acclaim Ultra features detail improvements to the overall fuselage, including a first-ever pilot door and composite-wrapped cabin, a clean-sheet interior design, and instrument panel enhancements.
“Our customers love the performance and handling characteristics of the Acclaim, so for 2016, we focused on changes that will broaden our appeal to those looking for a latest generation interior, improved cabin access, and professional flight deck to go with our well-known heritage of speed,” said Jared Absher, director of sales and marketing. “Most important, we took time to re-imagine the aircraft as a whole — and ensure every aspect of it was considered, from nose to tail. The result is a Mooney unlike any that has been seen before, and one that will set a new standard for many years to come.”
The Acclaim Ultra incorporates composite technology, as a single-piece composite shell wraps around the cabin area and an all-metal roll cage that surrounds the occupants. The new composite shell eliminates several riveted panels and allows for even tighter tolerances for the doors and windows, which will yield a quieter cabin, according to company officials.
The new left-side pilot door is a first for the M20 series. For years, pilots have had to use the single door on the right side of the cabin.
Both doors have been stretched in length by 4 inches to allow better rear-seat access and offer better visibility thanks to larger cabin windows, company officials noted.
The new interior features an integrated Garmin flight management keypad for use with the aircraft’s G1000 system. Mid-Continent’s all-in-one stand-by instrument with 4-inch displays and internal battery has also been centrally located in the panel, as have the flap, landing gear, and rudder trim controls.
Orders are now being taken for the Acclaim, with FAA certification anticipated in the second quarter of this year. First deliveries are expected to follow shortly after certification.
- Engine: Continental TSIO-550-G/
- Horsepower: 280 hp/TBO: 2,200 hrs
- Typical Useful Load: 1,000 lbs
- Maximum Ramp Weight: 3,380 lbs
- Maximum Takeoff Weight: 3,368 lbs
- Fuel Capacity: 89 gal standard/100 gal long range
- Takeoff distance: 2,100 ft (isa, sl, mtow, 50 ft obstacle)
- Landing distance: 2,650 ft (isa, sl, mlw, 50 ft obstacle)
- Maximum Rate of Climb: 1,375 fpm
- Maximum Operating Altitude: 25,000 ft
- Maximum Cruising Speed: 242 ktas
- Range: 700 nm – standard fuel (89 gal), 830 nm – long range fuel (100 gal), (45 min reserve, isa, no wind, 25,000 ft)
- Long Range Cruising Speed: 175 ktas
- Range: 1,100 nm – standard fuel (89 gal); 1,275 nm – long range fuel (100 gal) (45 min reserve, isa, no wind, 16,000 ft).
Note: Specifications and performance data are preliminary at this time and subject to change.