The latest version of DroidEFB, a GPS navigation app for Android mobile devices, now supports Stratux ADS-B receivers.
DroidEFB provides pilots with real-time situational awareness via a GPS moving map integrated with both VFR and IFR aviation charts, according to company officials.
The latest integration with Stratux provides a low-cost ADS–B (Automatic Dependent Surveillance – Broadcast) alternative to higher priced ADS-B receivers on the market, officials said.
In addition to Stratux, DroidEFB also supports iLevil, Dual, Pathfinder and SkyRadar ADS-B receivers.
Other updates in this version include:
- Breadcrumbs and track prediction for ADS-B traffic
- Breadcrumbs are stored in logbook
- ADS-B traffic details are selectable
- ADS-B traffic alerting improvements
- Position tracking auto resumes after delay
- Update of in app tutorial, which now remembers last page viewed
- Reported bug fixes from latest Google Android update