The New Year will see CubCrafters making a number of updates to its production aircraft.
CubCrafters General Manager Randy Lervold comments: “We’re constantly on the lookout for ways to improve our aircraft. We pursue these improvements through in-house design initiatives, and also with off-the-shelf technical advancements, such as more advanced navigation systems. The changes for 2011 are incremental, but important – refinements to what are already superb aircraft. Another positive is that we were able to incorporate most of these improvements with no increase in pricing for 2011.”
Changes for the Carbon Cub SS include:
- Ignition backup battery system.
- Adjustable cowl flaps for increased engine cooling efficiency in high ambient temperature conditions.
- Iridium spark plugs (Denso IK27) for improved combustion efficiency and longevity.
- Detented cables for mixture, carburetor heat and cabin heat controls; eliminates “cable creep.”
- Lightweight Lighting & Strobe Package now includes an LED landing light for lower power consumption and lower weight.
- Executive glass panel avionics package now includes Dynon D180 “Super-Brite” screen.
- No price increase over 2010.
Changes for the Sport Cub S2 include:
- Detented cables for mixture, carburetor and cabin heat. (same as above)
- LED landing light included in Lighting & Strobe Package. (same as above)
- Executive glass panel comes standard with Dynon D180 “Super-Brite” screen.
- Base price now $134,950
The Top Cub (pictured) expands its list of options to include:
- Alpha-Omega Suspension System to minimize bounced landings (coming soon).
- Auto-Fuel STC.
- PS Engineering PM3000 stereo intercom system.
For more information: CubCrafters.com