The Aircraft Electronics Association will kick off its 54th annual International Convention & Trade Show on Tuesday, March 22, at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno, Nev., with more than 30 manufacturers expected to unveil new products.
The four-day event also features:
- More than 75 hours of technical and business management training sessions.
- An Exhibit Hall filled with the latest avionics technologies.
- The latest regulatory updates with international agency personnel.
- More than $100,000 in scholarships awarded to avionics and aviation maintenance students.
- Recognition of Ron Hall, former employee of Duncan Aviation, as the recipient of the 2011 AEA Lifetime Achievement Award.
For those unable to attend the convention this year, the Aero-News Network will produce live programming throughout the week. ANN’s team of reporters will be live-streaming AEA’s New Product Introductions Session on Wednesday, March 23, at approximately 9:30 a.m. Pacific Time, and will produce “live interviews” on the AEA Exhibit Hall floor on Thursday, March 24, from 3 to 6 p.m. Pacific Time. The live streaming will be available online at: AEA.net.
The 2011 AEA Member of the Year and Associate Member of the Year will be announced during the AEA Annual Awards luncheon on Thursday, March 24. Last year’s winners were Rick Ochs of Spirit Avionics, Columbus, Ohio, who was named the 2010 AEA Member of the Year, and DAC International, named the 2010 Associate Member of the Year.
The nominees for the 2011 Member of the Year are:
- Don Dominguez, San Luis Avionics, San Luis Obispo, Calif.
- Gunter Hemmel, Avionik Straubing GmbH, Germany.
- Arnold Hill, Des Moines Flying Service, Des Moines, Iowa.
- Fabian Oyarbide, Redimec SRL, Argentina.
- Rick Peavley, Vero Beach Avionics, Vero Beach, Fla.
The nominees for the 2011 Associate Member of the Year are:
- Flight Display Systems, Alpharetta, Ga.
- Garmin, Olathe, Kan.
- Mid-Continent Instruments, Wichita, Kan.
- PS Engineering, Lenoir City, Tenn.
For more information: AEA.net