Pipistrel has launched a contest for the exterior design of its first Panthera, the company’s new four-seater. The winning design will be displayed on the first model, which will be presented at major airshows around the world in 2012.
Pipistrel officials say: “We wish for a livery that will enhance Panthera’s lines and unique characteristics: Luxury; sportiness; speed; efficiency/environmental friendliness; and safety.”
They also give these guidelines for those entering the contest:
- Upper aircraft surfaces that are exposed to direct sunlight (apart from the engine covers in front of the cockpit) must stay white or be of a lighter colors. It is permissible to have small colored patterns though.
- It must be possible to realize the livery using computer-cut self-adhesive foils.
- The choice of colors must not clash with colors chosen for the interior of the first Panthera.
- On the tail boom (halfway between the wing and the tail) there must be space provided for registration markings at least 25 cm tall. On the bottom side of left wing, there must be space for registration markings of at least 50 cm tall. Registration markings read “S5-DPA”
Contestants will be provided with:
- High resolution templates of three aircraft views with transparent background (PNG):
- Panthera Logo; and
- Color scheme for interior of the first Panthera
Send your entry to email@example.com no later than Jan. 10, 2012. You should enclose:
- Three images of the proposed livery on basis of the original templates (three views of aircraft).
- A short description of livery (max 200 words).
- Your contact details.
The winning design, according to Pipistrel’s panel of judges, will be awarded with 1000 EUR and signature on the actual airplane reading “Livery design by Your Name”