Raisbeck Engineering and Blackhawk Modifications Inc recently formed a joint marketing relationship that will initially focus on the Beechcraft King Air 200 family. The package is referred to as the Blackhawk EPIC XPR Series. The program tag line is “Performance from the Power of Two.”
The EPIC XPR package consists of the Blackhawk XP Engine Upgrade Package, which utilizes PT6A -52 or -61 engines, and the Raisbeck EPIC PLATINUM Package, which includes Swept Blade Turbofan Propellers, Enhanced Performance Leading Edges, Dual Aft Body Strakes, Ram Air Recovery System and High Flotation Gear Doors (if the aircaft is HFG-equipped). Crown Wing Lockers are optional.
According to company officials, the combination of Raisbeck’s EPIC PLATINUM Performance Package with Blackhawk’s -52 or -61 Engine Upgrade Package offers several benefits, including:
- Shorter takeoff and landing distances
- FAA-Certified Balanced Field Lengths (BFL) for added safety
- Increased climb rates and cruise speeds
- Quieter cabin and cockpit (sound levels below OSHA standards, permitting talking at normal conversation levels)
- Pratt & Whitney engine technology with a corresponding warranty