WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Board of Directors of the General Aviation Manufacturers Association (GAMA) has elected Joe Brown, president of Hartzell Propeller, as GAMA’s chairman for 2015.
He previously served as GAMA’s Vice Chairman of the Board and as Chairman of the Policy & Legal Issues Committee.
Aaron Hilkemann, president and CEO of Duncan Aviation, has been elected as GAMA’s Vice Chairman. Hilkemann will continue to serve as Chairman of the Airworthiness & Maintenance Policy Committee.
Additionally, Rhett Ross, President of Continental Motors, Inc., will serve as Chairman of the Policy & Legal Issues Committee, taking Brown’s place.
The following Board members will remain on the Executive Committee and continue to chair their committees:
- Communications Committee: Larry Flynn, President, Gulfstream Aerospace Corp.
- Environment Committee: Ed Dolanski, President and CEO, Aviall, Inc.
- Flight Operations Policy Committee: John Uczekaj, President and CEO, Aspen Avionics
- Global Markets Committee: Simon Pryce, Group Chief Executive, BBA Aviation
- Safety & Accident Investigation Committee: Simon Caldecott, President and CEO, Piper Aircraft, Inc.
- Security Issues Committee: Mark Van Tine, CEO, Jeppesen
- Technical Policy Committee: Phil Straub, Vice President and Managing Director of Aviation, Garmin International, Inc.
- Steve Taylor, President of Boeing Business Jets, who served as Chairman in 2014, will remain on the Executive Committee as the Immediate Past Chairman.
In addition, GAMA’s Executive Committee approved World Fuel Services as GAMA’s 89th member.