Sporty’s officials note it has planned its webinar series for 2015 based on pilot feedback of the most popular topics. Sporty’s webinars are live, multimedia presentations delivered online. Attendees hear from subject experts and have the opportunity to ask questions.
“We began our webinar series as a community outreach initiative to help our customers stay informed about new and developing technology. The overwhelming success and the feedback received from participants has us excited about new topics for 2015 and updates to the most popular presentations,” says Sporty’s Vice President John Zimmerman.
Descriptions of the webinars are available at Sportys.com/Webinars. Live presentations begin at 8 pm Eastern time, but recorded webinars can be viewed in the video archive anytime.
Scheduled webinars include:
- Thursday, March 12: Flying Refresher – Time for Rusty Pilots to Get Current, with Sporty’s Chief Flight Instructor Eric Radtke
- Thursday, April 30: Weather Flying and the iPad, with ForeFlight weather expert Scott Dennstaedt and Sporty’s resident ADS-B guru John Zimmerman
- Thursday, June 4: Garmin Avionics – ADS-B Academy and Product Updates with Garmin’s Michael Kerrigan
- Thursday, July 9: Buying Your First Airplane, with aircraft acquisition expert Charlie Masters
- Thursday, Aug. 20: ADS-B – Equipping for 2020, with Sporty’s resident ADS-B guru John Zimmerman
- Thursday, Oct. 1: New Products Update, from the Sporty’s pilot team
- Thursday, Nov. 12: Advanced iPad Flying, with iPad Pilot News Editor Bret Koebbe
Registration for the webinars is required as the number of participants is limited. For more information, to register or to view previous webinars, go to Sportys.com/Webinars.