The Commemorative Air Force (CAF) Red Tail Squadron, America’s tribute to the Tuskegee Airmen, has revealed the pring dates and locations for its RISE ABOVE Traveling Exhibit mobile theater and P-51C Mustang Tuskegee Airmen.
The mission of the CAF Red Tail Squadron is to educate audiences across the country about the history and legacy of the Tuskegee Airmen — America’s first black military pilots and their support personnel.
“The RISE ABOVE Traveling Exhibit is designed to take visitors on a journey through time, then virtually through the air with our panoramic cinema experience. And there is nothing quite like seeing our Mustang and hearing the roar of the engine in person,” said Brad Lang, CAF Red Tail Squadron leader and one of the pilots of the P-51C Mustang. “This is an unique and inspirational way for people to see first-hand the struggles and challenges faced by the Tuskegee Airmen. These fine Americans showed extraordinary courage as they fought for their right to serve our country, and it’s a part of our history that simply must be heard.”
The spring 2015 event schedule includes:
- Miami, March 5-8, Wings Over Miami Air Museum
- Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., March 11-14, Pompano Beach Airport
- DeLand, Fla., March 20-21 CAF Florida Wing
- Tallahassee, Fla., March 24-28, Tallahassee Airport
- DeFuniak Springs, Fla., April 10-11 5th Annual Marvel of Flight
- New Smyrna Beach, Fla., April 17-19, Balloon & Sky Fest
- Lakeland, Fla., April 21-26, SUN ’n FUN
- Pittsburgh, April 30–May 3, Beaver County Historic Weekend Celebration
- Westminster, Md., May 6-9m Carroll County Regional Airport
- Chicopee, Mass., May 16-17, The Great New England Air Show
- Erie, Pa., May 30, Erie International Airport Tom Ridge Field
- Reading, Pa., June 5-7, Mid Atlantic Air Museum WWII Weekend
Entrance to the exhibit is free, although tickets may be required for entry to individual events.
While on tour, the RISE ABOVE Traveling Exhibit makes additional visits to area schools where students are encouraged to think about the group’s guiding Six Principles – Aim High, Believe In Yourself, Use Your Brain, Be Ready To Go, Never Quit and Expect to Win.
For the vintage aviation enthusiast, rides in the P-51C Mustang Tuskegee Airmen are available for purchase. Contact Marvona Welsh, CAF Red Tail Squadron logistics coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-240-2560. All proceeds are used to fund the group’s educational outreach initiatives.