Flying Compass, a travel website, has named its top U.S. aviation museums and attractions.
Listed among the favorites from coast to coast are:
* Smithsonian Institution’s National Air and Space Museum, Washington, D.C
* Wright Brothers National Memorial, Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
* United States Air Force Museum, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
* Carillon Historical Park, Dayton, Ohio
* Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site, Tuskegee, Ala.
* Missouri History Museum, St. Louis, Mo.
* Kansas Aviation Museum, Wichita, Kan.
* U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
* Pima Air and Space Museum, Tucson, Ariz.
* Future of Flight Aviation Center and Boeing Tour, Mukilteo, Wash.
In deciding which venues made the cut, Flying Compass sought those that provided depth and breadth of subject matter, were of historical significance, educational, affordable and entertaining, and are of interest to those who are aviation enthusiasts, as well as the general public.
For more information: FlyingCompass.com.