MT-Propeller has received an FAA STC for its 5-blade scimitar composite propeller on the Pilatus PC12.
The propeller improves overall performance in a variety of ways, according to company officials, including:
- Ground roll distance reduced by approximately 15%;
- Takeoff distance over 50 ft obstacle reduced by approximately 5%;
- Cruise performance improved by up to 5 kts versus the PC-12 POH/AFM
- Approximatley 4 lbs less weight than the original metal propeller;
- More ground clearance for less FODs;
- Inside and outside noise reductions;
- Aircraft noise level is about 4 dB(A) less than with the original metal propeller; and
- Cabin noise is reduced by 3 to 4 dB(A), depending on location.
For more information: MT-Propeller.com