The National Aeronautic Association and the Air Care Alliance are looking for nominations for the 2011 Public Benefit Flying Awards. These awards recognize the contributions of those individuals who fly for the benefit of others, and public benefit flying organizations. Awards include:
- Distinguished Volunteer Pilot – Awarded to an individual or individuals for outstanding public benefit flying service as a volunteer pilot.
- Distinguished Volunteer – Awarded to an individual or individuals for outstanding service as a non-flying volunteer working in public benefit flying.
- Outstanding Achievement in Advancement of Public Benefit Flying – For outstanding achievement by an individual or organization that helped raise the standard of service of or contributed significantly to the overall advancement of Public Benefit Flying.
- Public Benefit Flying Teamwork Award – For outstanding cooperation and coordination involving two or more unaffiliated Public Benefit Flying organizations in the accomplishment of a common mission, task, or objective.
- Champion of Public Benefit Flying – Awarded to an individual, organization, or company who, while not operationally directly involved in Public Benefit Flying, has provided extraordinary support for such efforts and thus advanced the cause of Public Benefit Flying.
The deadline for nominations is May 31. Click here for details and nomination guidelines.