Wichita Aero Club Chairman Robert Stangarone will hand over the reins of the club to Patrick Tuttle in January 2012.
Tuttle, who previously served as club treasurer, is chief executive officer of ADR, Inc. Stangarone serves as vice president of Corporate Communications for Cessna Aircraft Co.
Last week, the 20-member board of directors elected Tuttle vice chairman, effective Aug. 1. He will serve in this position until January when he will become chairman and a new vice chairman will be elected. The term of chairman will be a maximum of three years.
The Aero Club was formed in 2008 by a small group of business leaders led by Stangarone. Since then, it has grown to be recognized as an influential aviation business group with high profile speakers and has become a rallying point for the Wichita aviation community.
“It’s been an honor to serve as chairman of this great organization for the past three years, and as we transition from an entrepreneurial organization to the next phase, it’s time to hand the baton over to someone else,” Stangarone said. “Patrick, with his business acumen and proven commitment to the club, is exactly the right person for the job.”
In a recent email update to the club’s supporters and members, Stangarone wrote, “Organizationally, we have put in place the committees that are effectively guiding us through good times and bad. We have survived, even thrived, in what is probably the worst downturn in our industry in the past 70 years.”
“Financially, the club is strong. Our revenues and expenses have been well balanced for several quarters. This year’s golf tournament not only provided a first class experience but was also a significant financial success, which will provide further stability as we go forward.”
“Professionally, we have influenced the dialogue and have broadened the understanding of many important issues for industry stakeholders, and we have provided a networking venue second to none where business, industry, news media, academia and government converge on a monthly basis. Most importantly is that we have created an environment in which competitive feelings are replaced by solidarity to address the many challenges of our industry.”
Sonia Greteman, Wichita Aero Club communications committee chair and founding member, is quick to attribute much of the club’s success to Stangarone’s efforts. “From day one, he has fostered an atmosphere of cooperation and camaraderie among our members,” says Greteman. “Our club’s influence in the aviation industry and in Washington have been exponentially aided by Bob Stangarone’s leadership. We are indebted to Bob and know the foundation he’s laid will serve us well as Patrick Tuttle continues to advance our organization and its impact.”
Members of the Wichita Aero Club Board of Directors:
- Bob Stangarone, Chairman, VP of Corporate Communications, Cessna Aircraft Co.
- Patrick Tuttle, Vice Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, ADR, Inc.
- Jeff Peier, Secretary, Attorney & Managing Member, Klenda, Mitchell, Austerman & Zuercher
- David Allen, Chief Executive Officer, The Allen Groupe
- Tom Bertels, Managing Partner, Sullivan, Higdon & Sink Advertising
- Tim Bonnell, Jr., Vice President, PIM Aviation Insurance
- Bill Brown, VP of Global Operations, Hawker Beechcraft
- Sherry Chisenhall, Editor, Wichita Eagle
- Mike Croitoru, Director of Business Development, Flight Safety International
- John Dieker, VP of Learjet, Strategic Projects, Bombardier Learjet
- Deborah Gann, VP of Corporate Communications & Public Affairs, Spirit AeroSystems
- Sonia Greteman, President, Greteman Group
- Jim Hansen, GM Business Aviation, Pratt & Whitney Canada
- Tony Kinkel, President, WATC & National Center for Aviation Training
- Norma Lantz, Director of Sales & Marketing, Labinal
- Lynn Nichols, President, Yingling Aviation
- John O’Leary, Vice President of Engineering, Airbus North America Engineering
- Bryan Orr, General Manager, Signature Flight Support
- Glenn Tate, Chairman, Air Capital Insurance
- John Tomblin, Executive Director, National Institute for Aviation Research at WSU