The National Air Transportation Association (NATA) has sent out a call for nominations to acknowledge the individuals, offices, and organizations demonstrating excellence in their field and the highest level of customer service to the general aviation community.
Each year, NATA presents seven awards to the exceptional individuals and companies that have helped to improve the general aviation community. The recipients of five of these awards are chosen based upon NATA member-submitted nominations.
These awards cover five categories:
- The Airport Executive Partnership Award recognizes an airport manager for outstanding efforts to nurture the relationships between aviation businesses and airport operators.
- The Aviation Journalism Award identifies a journalist, writer, or publication that excels in consumer education or editorial support that is beneficial to the general aviation industry.
- The Excellence In Pilot Training Award recognizes an individual or organization that has made outstanding contributions in safety, professionalism, leadership, and excellence in the field of pilot training.
- The FAA Customer Service Excellence Award recognizes a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) facility or facility staff member who represents the highest degree of customer service and elevates the quality of interaction between the FAA and aircraft maintenance and repair facilities, Part 135 certificate holders, airport service organizations, and flight schools.
- The ATP/NATA General Aviation Service Technician Award acknowledges the exceptional performance of a licensed airframe and power plant mechanic or radio repairman who has practiced his or her craft for a period of 20 or more years.
All nominations must be received by NATA no later than Jan. 31, 2012. The awards will be presented during the NATA Industry Excellence Awards Dinner on March 28, 2012, just preceding the NATA 2012 FBO Leadership Conference, 2012 NATA Day on the Hill, and Spring Committee Meetings to be held in the Washington, DC area on March 29-30.
For more information: NATA.aero