At this summer’s EAA AirVenture Oshkosh, each day has highlights for the most hardcore aviator as well as those who are just discovering all the attractions within the world of flight. The 60th annual edition of EAA AirVenture is July 23-29 at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh.
The action actually begins before the event with mass arrivals of various aircraft from throughout the country and around the world. In addition, AirVenture’s keynote celebrations are scheduled throughout the week, including:
- Sunday, July 22 (special pre-event program): Salute to EAA Founders Paul and Audrey Poberezny: 60 years of aviation excellence
- Monday, July 23: 40th anniversary of Van’s RV Aircraft; opening night concert with Steve Miller Band
- Tuesday, July 24: 75th anniversary of the iconic Piper J-3 Cub
- Wednesday, July 25: The Greatest Generation in the Air, with salutes to the Doolittle Raiders and Tuskegee Airmen
- Thursday, July 26: Jet Day! with special flight activities and air show performances
- Friday, July 27: Salute to Veterans, honoring those who have served and sacrificed, and those currently on active duty
- Saturday, July 28: Super Saturday, including the night air show and other activities
- Sunday, July 29: Family Day
For more information: AirVenture.org
People who read this article also read articles on airparks, airshow, airshows, avgas, aviation fuel, aviation news, aircraft owner, avionics, buy a plane, FAA, fly-in, flying, general aviation, learn to fly, pilots, Light-Sport Aircraft, LSA, and Sport Pilot.