The National Association of Flight Instructors is soliciting nominations 2015 inductee(s) for the Flight Instructor Hall of Fame.
With 26 Hall of Famers in 17 years and over a century of total combined instructional experience, the Hall of Fame includes some of the most well-known individuals in aviation education; people such as Hal Shevers, Bill Kershner, Rudy Frasca and NAFI Founder Jack Eggspuehler.
If you or anyone you know has been active in the field of aviation education under 14 CFR Parts 61, 121, 141 or 142 for a minimum of 20 years (prior to nomination), are of good moral character (FAR 61.153 (c)), and are respected within the aviation industry for integrity, professionalism and diligence, NAFI officails encourage you to submit a nomination application.
Candidates will be judged by an independent selection panel on sustained superior performance in the field of aviation education, as well as contributions to and accomplishments in aviation. For example:
- Enhancement of aviation safety;
- Development of effective/innovative teaching techniques;
- Advancement of professional standards;
- Development of significant technical support;
- Achievement of professional excellence;
- Creation of innovative instructional materials;
- Partnership on projects with the FAA and/or industry;
- Being a role model for and a mentor to other aviation educators.
NAFI membership is not a requirement to be selected as an inductee, nor is it a requirement to nominate an individual. To nominate, click here to download the application and then submit the completed package to NAFI headquarters either via email, or mail to our address at: National Association of Flight Instructors, 3101 East Milham Ave., Portage Mich. 49002.
For more information: NAFInet.org