The International Aviation Womens Association (IAWA), a worldwide professional organization dedicated to the advancement of women leaders within the aviation and aerospace industries, held its 27th annual conference in Dubai, UAE, the first IAWA conference in the Middle East.
The conference was held Nov. 10-12, and included delegates spending a day at the 2015 Dubai Airshow.
“The 2015 IAWA Annual Conference was a resounding success thanks to the support of our members, sponsors, speakers and conference delegates,” said IAWA President Abby Bried.
According to Bried, several factors contributed to the overall conference success:
- Over 200 delegates attended the two-day conference.
- Delegates represented 100 aviation and aerospace companies from 24 countries across the globe.
- IAWA sponsors included 32 companies and organizations.
- First time breakout session sponsored by GCAA — Young Women’s Aviation Forum — attracted 120 young women from across the UAE.
- Presentation of 2015 IAWA scholarships recipients and announcement of a 2016 Middle East region IAWA scholarship.
Information on IAWA’s 2016 Annual Conference in Montreal, Canada, can be found here.