EAA AVIATION CENTER, OSHKOSH, Wisconsin — More than a half dozen types of airplanes will be celebrating special anniversaries in 2016, and owners of those aircraft are commemorating the occasion at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2016.
EAA AirVenture Oshkosh, the 64th annual Experimental Aircraft Association fly-in convention, is July 25-31 at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
The aircraft types celebrating anniversaries at Oshkosh are from across the spectrum that includes homebuilts, vintage aircraft, warbirds, aerobatic aircraft, and ultralights.
Owners of anniversary aircraft types are encouraged to register early to help ensure parking and other special events surrounding their gathering.
Among the aircraft types celebrating anniversaries at Oshkosh are:
- Van’s RV-6 – 30 years
- Ultralights at Oshkosh – 40 years
- Cessna C120/C140 – 70 years
- Navion – 70 years
- De Havilland Chipmunk – 70 years
- Interstate Cadet – 75 years
- Grasshopper (L-Bird) – 75 years
- Stearman Aircraft, commemorating Boeing’s 100th anniversary.