Hartzell Engine Technologies has introduced a mid-weight, direct-drive, FAA PMA approved starter for six-cylinder Continental engines.
“Continental has expressed growing interest in this new PM-Series starter as a lighter weight alternative to the standard Energizer style they have been using on their six-cylinder engines,” said Mike Disbrow, president. “This new starter is a mid-weight. It’s over three and a half pounds lighter than the Energizer style starter it replaces, but its new-generation components enable it to deliver performance on par with the benchmark Energizer.”
According to Disbrow, the new PM-Series starter offers other benefits, including:
- Large, high-torque permanent magnet motor providing high-speed cranking performance.
- Low in-rush current draw, which puts less strain on the battery.
- Direct drive, so there is no need for a complex gear reduction system.
- FAA-PMA approved for use on six-cylinder Continental engines.
- Available in both 12- and 24-volt models.
Both the 12-volt model (PM1207) and the 24-volt (PM2407) list for $1,599, he added. The starters come with a 24-month or 1,000-hour warranty, whichever comes first.