OSHKOSH — Aspen Avionics reported at AirVenture 2016 that certification is pending to interface its Evolution 1000 Pro Primary Flight Display (PFD) with the System 55X autopilot by Genesys Aerosystems. The STC will cover hundreds of light single and twin piston aircraft platforms. Anticipated certification is expected in the third quarter of 2016.
“Aspen’s Pro PFD with the Genesys System 55X autopilot enhances the basic 55X autopilot function and streamlines the controls, reducing workload,” said Perri Coyne, Aspen director of marketing operations.
“Following the highly-praised and successful level of integration of Avidyne’s DFC90 autopilot for Aspen displays, our latest offering, the Genesys System 55X autopilot integration will greatly improve flight safety by simplifying the mode and altitude select tasks by presenting all autopilot operations in one, easy-to-read location on the Evolution 1000 PFD,” said John Uczekaj, Aspen president and CEO.
System benefits include:
- Reduces workload: No multiple altimeter setting adjustment required, engagement of autopilot functions are faster and simpler
- Panel upgrades improves instrument scan: Replaces separate monochrome displays, push buttons and panel knobs with a full color display directly in the pilot’s line of sight
- Saves panel space: Consolidates annunciation into a primary display, eliminating the need for a remote annunciator
- Automatic level-off with no altitude overshoot: Adds altitude preselect integrated with commanded “smart” vertical speed technology. Reduces vertical speed as the preselected altitude is approached.
- Ability to set desired vertical speed and altitude on the PFD;
- All autopilot annunciations are displayed in the pilot’s line of sight on the PFD display reducing pilot scan;
- Adds flight director capability for coupled autopilot operations as well as while hand flying for smoother control;
- Autopilot vertical speed command reduces when approaching set altitude for a smooth transition to level off during altitude capture.
The software unlock for integrating the System 55X autopilot with the Evolution Pro PFD is priced at $1,995.