Given time — a lot of time, perhaps. But if you have someone in mind you’d like to recommend who meets the criteria, get hold of your local FAA FSDO and go for it!
Master Pilots must:
• Have been a U.S. citizen for a minimum of 50 consecutive years;
• Have held a CAA/FAA pilot certificate for a minimum of 50 consecutive years, 20 years of which may be military experience;
• Have three letters of recommendation from FAA pilot certificate holders;
• No revocations of any airman certificate;
• Prior accident history will be considered, possibly disqualifying;
• Any civil penalty or suspension will automatically disqualify.
For more information: . Type Wright Brothers Master Pilot Award into the search box.