Applications are now being accepted for the 2015 LadiesLoveTaildraggers’ scholarships. Online applications are due by midnight Feb. 28, 2015.
Scholarships include up to $1,000 travel expenses and flight instruction by Brian Lansburgh at Sisters Eagle Airport in Sisters, Oregon. Each scholarship valued at $1,995.
The first scholarship is for the tailwheel endorsement. It is available to female nosewheel pilots who would like to earn a tailwheel endorsement.
The second scholarship is for a Stick & Rudder Master Class. It is available to current female tailwheel pilots who would like to hone their flying skills.
Both scholarships include:
- Six Hours Flight Instruction in a 1948 Cessna 140 by Brian Lansburgh
- Ground school
- Biennial Flight Review
- Car rental
- Meal expenses
Requirements for applicants:
- Must be female
- Must be a minimum 21 years of age
- Must hold a minimum of Sport Pilot license
- Must weigh no more than 180 pounds
- Must sign a Tailwheel Productions Model Release Form (photos and video may be taken during training) AND write an article about your flying experiences for LadiesLoveTaildraggers
- Must be passionate about taildragging!