The fifth Annual Touchdown Autorotation competition will be held June 28 at Jerry Trimble Helicopters (JTH) at the McMinnville Airport in Oregon.
The cost to enter is $75, and includes a Robinson R22 helicopter to use in the contest. A $5 donation will be made to the local charity of the pilot’s choice with the purchase of each admission.
The autorotation grand prize winner will receive $600 and an engraved piece of R-22 rotor blade to commemorate the win. Second and third place winners will receive $400 and $200 respectively.
The autorotation competition will be judged on straight-in full down autos.
Scoring is based on distance from the pre-established “spot,” technique, and the slide distance (if any). Pilots will have points subtracted from their total score depending on how much assistance is given by Trimble. Each pilot is allowed two full-down auto rotations and all flights will be flown with Jerry Trimble unless the pilot supplies their own helicopter.
This event also features:
- $20 helicopter rides all day;
- FAA hosted Safety Meeting;
- Flour bag bombing contest;
- Remotely piloted aircraft demonstration by Sky Shots; and
- Shuttle availability to the Evergreen Aviation Museum directly across the street from the McMinnville Airport.