The FAA is extending the public comment period for its Draft Environmental Assessment (EA) of the Southern California Metroplex project to Sept. 8, 2015, to allow for a full 90 days of comment.
The project is a comprehensive proposal to improve the flow of air traffic into and out of Southern California. It proposes to replace dozens of existing conventional air traffic procedures with new satellite-based procedures, which are a key component of the FAA’s Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen).
The Metroplex proposal encompasses most of Southern California and includes six major airports.
The FAA released the Draft EA for the project on June 10 for public review and comment and held 11 public workshops in Southern California communities between June 16 and July 1. The Draft EA considers the potential environmental impacts of the project.
The Draft EA is available online and at libraries throughout the area, including:
- Anaheim Public Library, Anaheim
- Los Angeles Central Library, Los Angeles
- San Diego Central Library, San Diego
- E.P. Foster Library, Ventura
- Santa Barbara Central Library
- Riverside Public Library, Riverside
- Santa Monica Public Library, Santa Monica
- Point Loma Public Library, San Diego