According to the Alliance for Aviation Across America, several mayors across the United States have proclaimed March “General Aviation Appreciation Month, including:
- Mayor Sly James Jr. of Kansas City, Missouri. In Missouri, general aviation airports support an economic impact of over $857 million annually.
- Mayor Philip Craighead of Lebanon, Tennessee;
- Mayor Mary Esther Reed of Smyrna, Tennessee;
- Mayor Ronny Walker of Ruston, Louisiana. In Louisiana, general aviation airports contribute $966 million to the state’s economy annually.
- Mayor Kendall W. Lane of Keene, New Hampshire, and Mayor Georgia Tuttle of Lebanon, New Hampshire. In New Hampshire, the economic output of general aviation is over $1 billion annually.