The Iowa Department Of Transportation’s Office of Aviation will host a public input meeting for an update of the Iowa Aviation System Plan from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 21, at the Ankeny Regional Airport (IKV) in Ankeny.
The 20-year system plan sets the direction for future development within the air transportation system, according to department officials. The update will include an analysis of approaches to airports and the development of mitigation strategies to improve approaches.
Items to be discussed include:
- Updates of airport data and aircraft activity forecasts.
- A review of goals, objectives, airport roles, and facility and service objectives for airports.
- Evaluation of air transportation system plan performance measures.
- Analysis of airport flight path approaches for increased safety and efficiency.
- Recommendations for future system needs.
For more information: IAWings.com. Written comments can be sent to the Iowa DOT, Office of Aviation, System Plan Update, 800 Lincoln Way, Ames, Iowa, 50010.