Cessna Aircraft Co. as given its 2009 STARS award to 21 suppliers, including two – Aerospace Optics, Inc., in Fort Worth, Texas, and O2 Corporation, in Wichita, Kan. – that obtained the gold level for outstanding performance excellence.
The award is part of a Supplier Tracking and Rating System called STARS, which is a Supply Chain Management scorecard that measures direct material suppliers on a 12-month rolling average in the areas of quality, reliability, schedule and cost. Suppliers with a rating of one in all categories are a gold level and those rated two are at a silver level.
“The STARS award winners demonstrate the hard work and dedication we value in our supply chain. Their exceptional levels of performance are crucial to the success of our company as well as their own,” said Ryan Doerksen, Cessna’s director of strategic sourcing.
Suppliers that meet the performance expectations of Cessna’s customers are given additional opportunities for new programs. This performance recognition program is supporting Cessna’s effort of being the “customer of choice” for its suppliers.
The complete list of winners includes:
- Aerospace Optics, Inc., Fort Worth, Texas, switches
- O2 Corporation, Wichita, Kan., aircraft oxygen equipment
- A.E. Petsche Co., Inc., Arlington, Texas, wire and interconnect products
- Aero-Cables Corp., Plainfield, Ill., aerospace cables
- AMI Metals, Inc., Wichita, Kan., raw material
- B/E Aerospace Consumables, Miami, Fla., aerospace fasteners
- Carlisle Interconnect Technologies – ECS, Franklin, Wis., integrated electrical & supporting structural solutions
- Integrity Manufacturing Corp., Dayton, Ohio, machine parts
- Kalogridis International, Dallas, Texas, Citation carpet
- Lee Air, Inc., Wichita, Kan., electrical components
- Lycoming Engines, Williamsport, Pa., piston engines
- Omni Aerospace, Inc., Wichita, Kan., electrical components and assemblies
- Parker Composite Sealing Systems, San Diego, Calif., aerospace seals and access panels
- Precision Tube Bending, Santa Fe Springs, Calif., tube bending
- Quaker City Plating Ltd., Whittier, Calif., Citation decorative plating
- RBC Bearings, Oxford, Conn., bearings
- Teledyne Battery Products – Gill Batteries, Redlands, Calif., lead acid batteries
- Triumph Controls, Inc., North Whales, Pa., aerospace control cables
- TTI, Inc., Fort Worth, Texas, interconnect, passive, electromechanical and discrete components
- Vought Aircraft, Inc., Nashville, Tenn., Citation X wing skin assemblies
- Wolfe Machine, Inc., Mulvane, Kan., machine parts
For more information: Cessna.com