Satcom Direct has added graphical weather to its FlightDeck Freedom (FDF) service for aircraft equipped with Rockwell Collins Pro Line 21 Integrated Flight Information System (IFIS).
Aircraft that use Pro Line 21 include the Bombardier Challenger 300 and 605; the Cessna CJ1+, CJ2+, CJ3, CJ4, Encore+, and XLS+; the Gulfstream G150; and the Hawker 750, 800XP, 850XP, and 900XP. Using FlightDeck Freedom, aircraft operators will have access to a variety of graphical weather products, showing actual or forecast weather conditions.
“Availability of global graphical weather completes the integration of Pro Line 21 into our FlightDeck Freedom suite of services. FDF customers now have access to all of the datalink capabilities offered on the Rockwell Collins platform,” said Jim Jensen, founder and owner of Satcom Direct. “By adding graphical weather information to our FlightDeck Freedom service, our customers now have access to current visual weather data, which can help them make more informed decisions about changes in altitude or if they need to route around adverse weather.”
Graphical weather selections for Pro Line 21 that are available with FlightDeck Freedom include:
- NEXRAD – available in U.S. only – shows radar summary with position and intensity of precipitation
- NEXRAD with Tops/Movement – available in U.S. only – displays radar data with indication of altitude of echo tops and direction of movement
- Weather Depiction – available worldwide – displays CATMET (categorical METAR), a color-coded weather depiction chart indicating flight rule conditions (IFR or VFR) for a variety of airports
- Winds – available worldwide – displays forecast wind direction, speed, and temperature; winds may be requested for various flight levels, forecast times, and world regions
- Icing – available worldwide – displays areas where aircraft icing is most likely to occur; icing may be requested for various flight levels, forecast times, and world regions
- Turbulence – available worldwide – indicates where Clear Air Turbulence (CAT) is most likely to occur; turbulence may be requested for various flight levels, forecast times, and world regions.
For more information: SatcomDirect.com, 321-777-3000.