Just released is CoDeveloper’s new PilotE6B/WX iPhone app, which provides pilots with more than 50 common aviation calculations and unit conversions, as well as access to current weather data, in-place unit conversion, GPS-tied METAR and TAF access, and in-flight timers.
- The pilot can specify units of measurement for all calculation parameters and results, eliminating common mistakes like confusing nautical miles for statute miles.
- Calculation results carry forward as input parameters to subsequent calculations, speeding the workflow.
- Fuel quantities and burn rates can be displayed in volume or mass units. The pilot can specify the specific-density of the fuel they’re using, for accurate conversions.
- Specialized keypads for numeric entry, time entry, fuel selection, and unit selection ease data entry.
- Calculations are categorized and listed with their required input parameters for easy selection.
- METAR and TAF reports may be pulled for the pilot’s current GPS location, eliminating the need to enter one or more ICAO station identifers.